Hello, everyone, I would like to say its good to be back here on Square Space, I have been waiting for this game to be released and that game is " Yooka Laylee".
The story of Yooka and Laylee begins on the main villain of the story "Capital B" and his vice president " Dr. Quack" created a machine to take the world's books to look for one particular that has the power to give the holder to bend the universe to how they want. Surprisingly the book wasn't too far from Capital B's, in fact, it was located with Yooka and Laylee used as a drink coaster. Suddenly After Yooka and Laylee finally got the abandoned Pirate ship fixed up as their home the coaster ( aka the Legendary Book the Capital B is looking for ) starts floating up into the air and the duo follow the book seeing the golden ripped pages coming from the book start flying out of it as it is headed towards the Capital B's Factory. After a bit of conversation and walking into the factory they collect the first golden page (Pagie) explains him and his friends escaped from the book so they don't fall into the wrong hands. Now it's up to Yooka and Laylee to go out, search for Paige's friends and get the book back before Capital B.
Trailer and Gameplay
- Purchase and unlock moves with freedom, choose to expand your favorite worlds into even larger, more complex playgrounds and equip unique Tonic gameplay modifiers to customize your play style. Every player will have a unique experience.
- Seek out a roster of shiny collectibles with gameplay progression at their core (as well as other, more valuable materials), such as the dual action Butterfly Energy or tricky Ghost Writers!
- Meet (or beat) a huge cast of memorable characters brought to life by the art and audio teams behind legendary platform games and destined to endure in future adventures as part of Playtonic Universe. Expect all manner of grunts, squeaks, and squawks.
- Establish your own buddy-duo and adventure through Yooka-Laylee in co-op mode! Taking control of a unique co-op character, a second player can assist Yooka and Laylee by stunning enemies and help them tackle tricky challenges.
Pros and Cons
- Gives you that Nostalgia feeling of play those favorable "Rare" games on the N64.
- Great Story
- Silly Characters
- Amazing Level Design
- Camera has a bit of issue when it comes to tight spaces
- Puzzles might be too frustrating
- You will get lost a lot
Yooka-Laylee is a pretty good game and gives a lot of Nostalgia if you played "Rare" games. Even though it has its small issues here and there with the camera it's still worth the buy