Hello everyone its been awhile since the last written review which was Yooka-Laylee but today I am going to show you a game that is from one of my favorite game companies " Tribute Games". Their newest game they recently released this week on the 18th " Flinthook".
A galaxy filled with scoundrels and miscreants, everyone seeks treasure and riches! But when a malevolent treasure hunter hatches a sinister plan to unleash an ancient evil threatening the cosmos itself, Flinthook, the galaxy's smallest but toughest pirate zips into action!
Genre: Rouge-like, Action and Adventure
So after playing this game for the first 5 hours, it gives off that Metroid Zero Mission for the Gameboy advance feel to it but with a lot of hook shots and awesome slow motion actions. Trying to dodge bullets and shooting your enemies looking 200% awesome in gun fights and pirate battalions. This game surprisingly is hard but very fun!
Trailer and Video Game Review
Features of "Flint Hook"
- Zip around with your mighty hookshot! Aim freely and toss your giant anchor at golden rings to propel yourself around the levels at high speeds, giving you the agility and swiftness needed to dodge hazards and enemy bullets.
- Shoot in 360’ through your Blasma Pistol! Take down all sorts of enemies with fresh hot bullets!
- Look really cool with slow-motion powers! Slow down time to adjust your aim or pull off a tight stunt - do it often, it recharges real quickly and it makes you at least 200% cooler.
- Blast through randomly-assembled pirate spaceships! Each level is special, as ships are procedurally built from hundreds of hand-crafted rooms, modified by various variants, filled with extraordinary treasure and populated by random waves of enemies.
- Hunt down the pirate lords of the Cluster Clan! Feed your compass creature to pinpoint the bosses’ location, then take them down and bring your bounty home. Your rivals are no space chumps, make sure you’re ready for the challenge!
- Collect rare relics and powerful perk cards! All the treasure you loot builds up your legend - unlock new equippable perks as you level up, buy permanent upgrades in the Black Market, and hoard collectible relics and lore pages!
Pro's and Con's
- Very difficult
- Rage can happen
- You can die alot in this game
- Not Keyboard Friendly
- Very fun
- Amazing Art
- A lot of styles of play
- and Tons of Treasure!
- Must use controller
This is a very fun game, challenging, gives off the feeling of a GBA game and defintly worth the buy and play! only for 14.99 on steam, ps4 and Xbox one!